LearnFlo Africa Terms & Condtions Updated January 31, 2021
This platform is operated by Learnflo Lagos, Nigeria. email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our “contact us” page.
The Learnflo website includes the following:
– the landing page where learners and trainers (individual trainers and training companies) converge
– The system that enables trainers to create and publish their courses and list them unto the marketplace if they so wish. Learnflo LMS is a standalone Learning Management System that can be used by organisations to manage their training function.
Learnflo Student Portal
– once a learner has registered on Learnflo, they gain access to their course information through the Student portal. Courses hosted within Learnflo LMS can be taken directly from the student portal and courses hosted elsewhere will only have access information as provided by the trainer
Status of these terms and conditions and updates
These terms and conditions, form a legally binding agreement between you and LearnFlo in relation to your use of the LearnFlo website. By using the LearnFlo website, you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must not use the LearnFlo website.
This version of the LearnFlo terms and conditions supersedes all prior, written or oral understandings or agreements and applies to the exclusion of any other terms or conditions that you may seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by law, trade, custom, practice or course of dealing. We may update these terms and conditions from time to time. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be displayed on the LearnFlo website and your continued use of the website indicates your agreement to these changes. Accordingly, please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they will be binding on you. Any changes to specific trainer terms will be notified by email to the trainer.
Access to the LearnFlo website and LearnFlo’s liability
Although LearnFlo makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the LearnFlo website, LearnFlo makes no representations, warranties or guarantees that the content on the LearnFlo website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LearnFlo does not guarantee that the LearnFlo website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the LearnFlo website is permitted on a temporary basis. LearnFlo may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the LearnFlo website without notice. LearnFlo will not be liable to you if for any reason the LearnFlo website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the LearnFlo website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and that they comply with them.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits LearnFlo’s liability for death or personal injury arising from LearnFlo’s negligence, or LearnFlo’s fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
To the extent permitted by law, LearnFlo excludes all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the LearnFlo website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
LearnFlo will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, the LearnFlo website; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on the LearnFlo website.
If you are a business user and you purchase a product on the LearnFlo website then (subject always to the provisions above and below) LearnFlo’s total liability to you will be limited to the total amount paid by you for the product. If you are a business user and you sell a product on the LearnFlo website, LearnFlo’s total liability to you will be limited to the amount of commission payable by you to us.
If you are a consumer user then (subject always to the provisions above and below) LearnFlo will be responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of LearnFlo’s negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, but LearnFlo will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
LearnFlo will not be liable for:
• loss of data (as it is your responsibility to back-up and keep copies of all data you submit to the LearnFlo website);
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
LearnFlo will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the LearnFlo website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
LearnFlo assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the LearnFlo site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by LearnFlo of those linked websites. LearnFlo will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Product descriptions and images displayed on the LearnFlo website are illustrative only and are published to provide users with a guide to the products being offered and do not contribute in any way to a binding contract between users and trainers and/or LearnFlo. No responsibility or liability is assumed by LearnFlo for the information, service and/or products being suitable for the purpose of the user.
If you are a consumer, advice about your legal rights is available from your local Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect these legal rights.
LearnFlo Marketplace platform that allows learners purchase courses from trainers and as such, courses published by trainers remain the property of such trainer. In such cases that LearnFlo develops content for a trainer, a separate copyright agreement will be agreed with such trainer.
LearnFlo does not guarantee that the LearnFlo website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the LearnFlo website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the LearnFlo website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the LearnFlo website, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the LearnFlo website. You must not attack the LearnFlo website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You may upload your content to the LearnFlo Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage LearnFlo’s reputation or take advantage of it. LearnFlo reserves the right to remove uploaded courses without notice.
Where the LearnFlo course content contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. LearnFlo has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and read in accordance with the laws of Nigeria and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Nigeria.
If you require a copy of these terms and conditions in a printable document you can request a copy by contacting one of our customer advisors by emailing email@example.com
Additional terms relating to the use of LearnFlo Website
Sections in this document apply as follows:
Section 1 – All registered users
Section 2 – Learners
Section 3 – Trainers
Section 1 – All Registered Users
You must keep your username and password confidential. Should you approve another individual to use your account you are solely responsible for their actions. If you are using the account on behalf of an organisation you must be authorised to represent that organisation. If you find that there has been unauthorised use of your account you agree to notify LearnFlo immediately.
You must not interfere or disorder any aspect of the LearnFlo website and e-commerce system. In agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to:
• Treat other users of the LearnFlo website with respect and courtesy, ensuring that your use complies with their legal rights
• Keep information provided by, or on behalf of LearnFlo in your possession and not supply it to any third party
In agreeing to these terms and conditions you understand that LearnFlo does not own, control, quality assure accuracy of content or endorse products for sale on LearnFlo marketplace. LearnFlo disclaims all responsibility and liability for the information and products displayed on and sold through the website, including accuracy, legality, content and reliability.
As LearnFlo does not buy or sell the trainer’s products, both learners and trainers understand and agree that if disputes arise between them that LearnFlo is not responsible or liable for any losses, claims, damages, costs or demands of any kind, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed arising from such disputes.
Users of the site understand and agree that any feedback and ratings they post to the LearnFlo website will be publicly available for viewing. LearnFlo is not responsible for monitoring, checking or editing the feedback or ratings posted on the website and is not liable for any claims or actions connected with any feedback or ratings. Registered users should use the contact form on the website to report any inappropriate or dishonest feedback and LearnFlo will investigate the claim. It will be at the discretion of LearnFlo as to whether the feedback should be removed.
Links to external websites on the LearnFlo website are not under the control of LearnFlo and therefore the content and operation of such linked sites are not their responsibility.
You can close your account at any time and for any reason by notifying us using the contact form. Once your account has been closed you will need to re-register to sell or purchase products.
Section 2 – Learners
Products/Courses displayed and sold through the LearnFlo website are not owned by LearnFlo, but remain the property of the third party supplier (on whose behalf LearnFlo acts as agent). Your contract for purchase will be with the third party supplier, not LearnFlo. Products purchased are sold on an ‘as is’ basis and no warranties or guarantees are offered by LearnFlo.
A legally binding contract of sale will be formed between you and the supplier of the product when you have confirmed your order, LearnFlo has confirmed that the trainer will sell the product at the price advertised and you have paid the product price in full, plus taxes as required.
You may use the following payment methods:
• Checkout on the site using Paystack’s payment system with a Paystack account account, credit or debit card
• By Bank transfer directly into the LearnFlo bank account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your order and to obtain our bank details
LearnFlo will collect payment as agent for the third party supplier.
When you purchase a product via the LearnFlo website you provide us with your permission to supply you with the means to access the digital goods you have purchased immediately, a downloadable product, or within one working day, an online product. Once payment has been made you will be sent an email with the details of your purchase. For classroom courses, you will be sent confirmation of your purchase and the trainer will contact you to confirm your place on the course within 1 day.
Elearning Course Access and Licence Periods
All course licences have a duration of 1 year unless otherwise specified in the course details. The licence period starts when you receive your login details. If you are a business purchasing course licences for your staff the licence starts when you either provide us with the details of those to be enrolled or your account is updated with the new licences.
Immediate Access courses – these courses are hosted on our Huddle LMS so when you place your order and make payment your name and email address are used to automate your enrolment on to the course/s you have purchased. This may take a few minutes or it make take up to 30 minutes depending on technology factors.
One Working Day Access courses – these courses are hosted on the publisher’s own platform so when you place your order and make payment your name and email address are sent to the publisher and they will process your enrolment on to the course/s you have purchased. Your login details will be emailed to you within one working day.
When purchasing a product you are buying a non-exclusive licence to use the product, upon terms specified by the trainer, and ownership of the product remains with the trainer unless explicitly described by the trainer in the details of their product for sale. Unless described otherwise by the trainer you must not copy, modify or re-produce a non-original version of the product you purchase, or loan, lease, sell or distribute the product. You download and use suppliers’ products at your sole risk. LearnFlo does not guarantee any specific outcomes as a result of you purchasing a product from the website.
User licence name changes, only permitted if the user has not accessed the course, must be requested in writing. Changes requested within 14 days of purchase are carried out free of charge, requests made between 15 days and 3 months incur a per user administration charge and requests made between 3 months and 6 months following purchase incur a 50% course price per user administration charge. After 6 months a user licence cannot be changed.
Refund requests should be made to LearnFlo through the contact form on the website or by email to email@example.com. The LearnFlo Refunds policy states that a full refund will be issued if a purchased on-line course has not been accessed and the refund claim is made within fourteen days of the purchase. Refunds for downloads will be looked at on a case by case basis, but requests will normally only be upheld for products purchased that are defective or not as described by the trainer.
If you are a consumer, please note that you waive your right to a refund if you access an online product or download a downloadable product. Up until this point, and within fourteen days of making your purchase, you may cancel your purchase by contacting us in writing and we will issue a full refund.
Section 3 – Trainers
As a Trainer (individual trainer or training company) you can deliver your courses via three main delivery channels:
1. Classroom – a physical classroom course with a stated venue, date and time
2. Live Online – using a video conferencing tool within LearnFlo to train learners at over specified dates and time. The trainer will be required to have their video enable so that their learners can see them
3. Elearning – fully hosted video based course on Huddle Africa (immediate access courses) or a course hosted on a 3rd party platform with adequate licence authority (one day access courses). Elearning courses may be SCORM compliant or not. It is the trainers responsibility to ensure that the learner or buyer is aware of the type of elearning course being purchased
As a trainer you agree to appoint LearnFlo as your non-exclusive agent to display, market and sell products that are owned by or licensed to you; you warrant that you are the original author and own the copyright of the product and therefore have the right to sell the products or that you are a licensee with sufficient authority to do so. In agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree that in selling products through the LearnFlo website you are not infringing any legal or intellectual property rights * of any third party and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless LearnFlo from and against all losses, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by LearnFlo as a result of or in connection with any intellectual property infringement claim brought or threatened by any third party. LearnFlo has no responsibility or liability with respect to any claims arising from infringement of the law in any country in relation to the products LearnFlo displays, markets and sells on behalf of third parties. Products displayed and sold through the LearnFlo website remain the property of the trainer. The trainer has sole responsibility and control of their products, including risk of loss.
As an LearnFlo trainer you agree to the publication of feedback and ratings about your products, even though the feedback may be critical, insulting or defamatory and you waive all rights against LearnFlo in respect of any liability in connection with the publication of defamatory comments about you or your organisation. Should a registered user post inappropriate, untrue or dishonest comments about you or your products you should use the contact form on the website to report them and LearnFlo will investigate your claim. It will be at the discretion of LearnFlo as to whether the feedback should be removed. Please note that LearnFlo will not monitor feedback posted on the LearnFlo website.
You, the trainer, will provide the required information for your products as required by LearnFlo in the LMS when publishing your course. You must ensure that the information you provide is accurate, complete and not misleading. You are solely responsible for setting the price of your products and any discounts attributed to those products. However, LearnFlo requires that you price your products for no more than they are advertised elsewhere online. If an LearnFlo buyer locates the exact same product at a lower price you will be required to sell your product on the LearnFlo website for the lower price to that buyer. Also responsibility lies with you the trainer to define any applicable duration for access to your products, should these be delivered through your own online system. You are solely responsible for the process, format and expense of delivery of your products through your own systems. Downloadable products will be available to the purchaser for a month following their purchase.
You give LearnFlo, as your agent, the authority to collect the value of all purchases of your products made through the LearnFlo on your behalf. You agree to pay LearnFlo an agreed upon commission on the sale of your products sold through LearnFlo, calculated as a percentage of the total net price of your product plus applicable taxes.
LearnFlo reserves the right to modify the commissions charged to trainers, following a review of the commission structure, provided that trainers are notified by email of any new commission rates at least 30 days prior to the changes taking place.
LearnFlo will collect the value of suppliers sales, plus applicable taxes as required, from learners. Commission payable by the trainer, plus applicable taxes will be deducted from the collected amount and will be payable monthly to the trainer by LearnFlo, no later than 45 days following sales that have been made. Payments to trainers will be made via Paystack or Direct Transfer, as per the information supplied in the Trainers onboarding form.
As a trainer you are required to have your own Refunds and Returns policy or to agree to the terms of the LearnFlo Refunds and Returns policy, which states that a refund will be issued if a purchased on-line course has not been accessed or is defective or does not comply with the published description. Refunds for downloads will be looked at on a case by case basis, but requests will normally only be upheld for products purchased that are not as described by the trainer. Refunds will not be issued if an on-line course has not been accessed within the course duration as described in the product details. Refunds for classroom courses will be subject to the terms of the classroom course purchase where a 7 day notice before the course start date is required for cancellation by the learner to enable a full refund. In submitting your trainers information to LearnFlo and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions you give LearnFlo authority to implement your trainers Refunds and Returns policy or if requested the LearnFlo Refunds and Returns policy.
If LearnFlo refunds a buyer for the value of a product they have purchased, in accordance with the agreed Refunds and Returns policy, the refund will be applied against any amounts owed to you, the trainer. If no amounts are owed then LearnFlo will invoice you for the amount paid to you for those sales that were refunded and shall retain 50% of the commission.
You may withdraw any of your products for sale from the LearnFlo website by providing LearnFlo with 30 days written notice; however you are required to fulfil any sales that have been made.
Section 3a – Trainer Rules
• When publishing a course for sale accurately complete the course information details on Huddle LMS
• Following notification of a sale of an online course delivered by your organisation respond to requests from LearnFlo for user access details to the course within one working day
• Ensure that all submitted products comply with applicable laws and are not copied or duplicated in any format
• When publishing a classroom course, you must ensure that registered student are notified of any date or venue changes for the course within 7 days of the course start date.
• Learners that wish to cancel a course with more than 7 days before the course start date will be offered a full refund. However if you change course details within 7 days, LearnFlo will honour any refund requests made by a learner as a result of the trainer’s changes.
• Ensure that course materials are available for classroom courses at the start of a course
• Ensure that the course venue is conducive to learners
• Provide LearnFlo with attendance records so that payments can be reconciled immediately after the course.
You are prohibited to:
• Divert LearnFlo users to another website or sales process either through links, advertisements, marketing messages or “calls to action”
• Do not contact LearnFlo customers directly, unless the customer has purchased a product through the LearnFlo Marketplace and has sought support from you for that product
• In any communication with LearnFlo customers you must not include advertisements, marketing messages or “calls to action” that encourage customers away from the LearnFlo website and keep the communication limited to details around support of your product
• Misuse the ratings and feedback forum. Do not include inappropriate comments or personal information about any user or supplier in feedback.
* including, without limitation, any patents, trademarks, service marks, registered designs, applications for any of the foregoing, copyright, database rights, design rights, know-how, confidential information, trade and business names, trademarks and any other similar protected rights in any country.
Section 3b - Affiliate Marketing
Trainer can join the affiliate marketing program. By joining this program, affiliate marketers on the learnflo will be able to see and sell the trainer's courses and earn a commission set by the trainer for each course. Trainer has right to change the commission rate for each course at anytime. Only courses with commission rate set greater than zero will be displayed to affiliate marketers.
Upon successful sale by an affiliate marketer, Learnflo automatically deducts the affiliate marketer's commission and settlement will be proceed to the marketer.
Learnflo transaction fees still applies for sales made and must not be mistaken for the commission given to the affiliate marketers.
In case of dispute, a trainer may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 4 – Affiliate Marketer
As an Affiliate Marketer you can:
1. Login to the affiliate marketer's portal and view courses from trainers. The affiliate marketer dashboard shows you your commisions earned, available wallet balance, payout log (i.e payments of settlements made to you from your earned commissions)
2. Affiliate marketing is only available for courses priced in the Nigerian naira and marketers can only earn in naira.
3. The commission rate for each course is set by the trainer who owns the course. Learnflo does not determine the commision rates.
4. Affiliate marketers on Learnflo are not charged any subscription fee to continue being affiliate marketers on the platform. However, for every successfully sale with payment received via the payment gateway on learnflo, learnflo charges 10% of the marketer's earnings as commision.
5. Affiliate marketers do not own the courses they market. The course remains is owned by the course creator
6. The course owners has the exclusive right at anytime to change the commission rate for their courses or completely offer no commission.
7. Affiliate marketers must provide a Nigerian bank account where commissions earned will be paid into.
8. The minimum amount a marketer must have in his or her wallet balance before a settlement is made is Two Thousand Naira. Earnings less than that will be held in the affiliate marketers wallet balance but will not be proceed till the minimum of 2000 naira is reached.
9. Commission is calculated from amount paid by the learner for the course and not necessarily the amount listed as the course price as trainers may offer discounts through coupons at any given time.
10. In case of dispute, an affiliate marketer may send an email to email@example.com.